Friday, July 9, 2010

Our first Afternoon.


This afternoon Lauren and I took a walk around the area that we are staying in. First we went to eat at a hole in the wall place. I got a cheeseburger and chips and Lauren got a chicken sandwich and chip. Both meals came with a drink for 3 pounds and 20 pence a piece. I must admit though that I am not to fond of the chips. They are a little bit soggy and have absolutely no salt. As I begin to salt and pepper my chips I only found salt! They dont have pepper here! Immediately I thought of Steve and how he would not like this place for not having pepper. Other than that the burger was decent.

Another thing that I am concerned about is my sleeping arrangements. When I got in the room I turned on the wall mounted air conditioner. I stepped out of the room for a moment to check on Lauren and when I returned I smelled something that was burning. I looked around and all that I could figure was that the a/c unit I turned on was a HEATER! They dont have A/C just a heater in the rooms. I sure hope that 60 degrees comes early tonight because I plan on going to sleep early tonight since we both got very little sleep on the plane.

We are about to head to the stairs out in front of the dorms because we are meeting the rest of the group for pizza and socializing. I hope the pizza is good! For now, I miss you guys and will be back to update you all later!

3 comments:

  1. No pepper! I didn't know that! I guess because I am not a huge pepper fan. Steve definitely wouldn't make it :)
    I can't believe that there is no a/c. Do you each have outside windows that you are going to open? I remember always sleeping with the window open when I was there.
    Well I hope that the pizza is good and you both have a fun with your group tonight!
    Miss yall!! Hopefully we can talk tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin ... I am so glad you and Tucker made it safely. I kept an eye on my FlightTrack til you landed. This is the beginning of a new chapter in your life. What an awesome experience! Capture all the memories you can and savor each moment.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you might want to invest in a fan for your dorm room while you are there!

    ReplyDelete